Culinary Walks In Istanbul- Shared Option From EUR 95
You can book a shared tour with this option. There will be a max of 8 people.
Join us to sample a very special food culture: What’s in a kebab? How do you make Turkish Coffee? Where’s the best baklava made? Compare mezes and tapas? Don’t like offals?
Istanbul has everything that you can ask from a food destination!
We know the city by heart and we offer our culinary walks in areas where you won’t see any other tourists.
We visit the old neighborhoods and remember the authentic taste of food, as it was when we were growing up in Istanbul.
We take you to local restaurants open for lunch where only the shopkeepers frequent. We join very old men having tea in a secluded mosque garden.
It is a delight walking around just observing people’s everyday heyday as we eat our way through it and enjoy a very special food culture.
These areas are busy with people doing their shopping, men doing their trade (yes, it is a men’s world), money changing hands (The oldest black market is somewhere around here, well kept secret)
Once we are finished with the old city, we take you across on a commuter ferry to Kadıkoy and see a very special local market brimming with fish, vegetables…. everything you can ask!
As we eat, we also walk into some mosques or any other historical building you feel like having a look at. Book now to join us on a culinary adventure in Istanbul!
A IstanbulB Rustem Pasa MosqueC SuleymaniyeD EminönüE Kadikoy
- All samplings and lunch.
- Full day guiding fee of a professional guide
- Transport to Sultanahmet
- Drinks and your water as you go
- We include Turkish tea and coffee as we go but we won’t be able to afford fancy drinks or coffees at hipster cafés, please.
We charge 125Euro per person. We only ask for a 20% deposit to book and settle balance when we meet.
We meet in front of the Spice Market at 09:30 am
- It’s more than a food tour. It’s a total experience.
- Walk around the back streets of Istanbul old city.
- Spice Market delicacies, 11 different samplings, lots of food.
- Excellent local lunch at Suleymaniye.
- Ferry ride to the Asian side and enjoy a great food market.
- Vegetarians are well catered for.
- Local and professional tour guides who love Istanbul.